Maintaining your rugs spotlessly clean is extremely important for keeping the air and atmosphere of your humble abode pleasant and fresh.
Have you ever visited a friend and thought to yourself: ‘It’s not fair how sparkling their fabulous home is!’
Don’t worry, Keen Clean are here to help!
Read also: The Top 3 Methods for Cleaning Home Carpets
We devote ourselves to making sure you know how to:
- keep your carpets in tip-top condition
- remove stubborn dirt lodged in the fibers of your rug
- maintain that new-carpet look
- improve the air and atmosphere around your home
Before you engage in your carpet-purging you’ll need a reliable inventory list. It’s always important to know the best cleaning agents and substitutes.
Top cleaning products:
- Rug Doctor Carpet Detergent
- Dyson Zorb Powder
- Dr. Beckmann Carpet Stain Remover
- Vax Ultra+ Carpet Cleaning Solution
- Bicarbonate of soda
- Dish soap
- White vinegar
- Essential oils
- Hydrogen peroxide
The substitutes on their own won’t do much, but their properties are similar to those of the professional cleaning agents and only need to be mixed accordingly to create your very own cleaning solution.
Step by step how to tackle upholstery cleaning like a pro:
- First off: hoovering. Before you attempt to cleanse your rugs you must always get rid of excess dirt. You don’t want to end up making the situation worse by rubbing the dirt in.
- Now you need an absorbent. This is the part where you bring in the dry absorbent (Bicarbonate of soda/ Dyson Zorb Powder) You sprinkle your dedicated absorbent over the surface of your carpet and let the grime be absorbed. The longer you leave it the better, but an hour should suffice.
- Followed by more vacuuming. Now you need to suck up the absorbent along with all the nastiness. Make sure you’ve cleaned out your vacuum for maximum suction power.
- Now it’s time to tackle the stains! When using a professional cleaning agent always follow the instructions carefully to avoid damaging your upholstery. If using a DIY solution leave on for at least 30 mins for best results.
- The final step for keeping your carpets fresh and smelling wonderful. You can find an array of deodorizers in pretty much all supermarkets, however, we find making your own personalized deodorizing solution to be far more soul-pleasing.
How to make a DIY solution:
- 1 cup of water
- 8 drops each of 3 different essential oils of your choice
- 2 tbsp of vodka, rubbing alcohol or witch hazel (acts as a solvent)
- Spray bottle
Spray your deodorizer liberally over your rugs to keep your homes’ atmosphere refreshing with a luscious scent.
With these easy-to-follow carpet cleaning steps and the use of correct products for the job (whether DIY solutions or professional cleaning agents), make sure you always have the best-smelling carpets around!
And don’t worry if you cannot take the time to do it yourself you can always contact Keen Clean for professional carpet treatment.